Monday, May 18, 2015

James D's Letter to the Family





Remember this?



2007 - Timp Lodge
Here's the latest on James' knees, back, future:

Hey friends and family! 
I know I have been leaving a lot of people wondering what life decisions I have made/will be making in the near future and I hope to answer some questions.
I have had two knee surgeries over the past 5 months and I also recently found out that I have a stress fracture in my spine. We think that is from when I tried to play tennis in between my surgeries and also when I fell while trying to hike. I also have been having some anxiety about the situation surrounding my mom's health and all that she has been through.

I have known for the past couple of weeks that the time was right to decide whether or not to return to my mission. What I keep telling people is that, "I want to want to go on a mission." There are many things I miss about the field and, who knows, I may receive the prompting to serve sometime in the next few years. I am definitely open to that.
I was in the temple Friday morning hoping to receive some revelation and make a decision. The overwhelming feeling that I got was that the decision was mine, that the Lord trusted me to do what was best and if I stayed home I would have many opportunities to serve him. With my recent news about my back and also my anxiety problem I was leaning towards that option. I also had the impression that I should look in to attending the University of Utah, which I have never considered before.

So I have immediately acted on these promptings. I have a meeting next week with a counselor from the U and I also have a job interview this week that I had a friend at Cyprus Credit Union set up for me. Also, I will be looking for an opportunity to possibly move out of my parent's house. I think that will be best for myself and my mom.Hey friends and family! 

I love you all and am forever grateful for your love towards me. And don't worry about me! I am happy, I have wonderful friends and great support, and I am doing good things.

Suuuuure love ya!

James David Ostergar 


No comments:

Post a Comment