Friday, December 4, 2015

A somebody your thankful for - THANKSGIVING!!

                          Gratitude is the Memory of the Heart
French Proverb


Sunny - I am thankful for Julia because when we first got to Hawaii, she's the only person I knew, so she was always there for me and is still always here for me. Just down the hall.

Ruth - My Dad, because he knows how to talk to me and is always there.

Mary - Aunt Sara, she was my Mom for Thanksgiving weekend and with facials too.

Peter - I am grateful for my Mom. She always provides for us, always does her best, even when she's tired.
Two Turkeys or maybe Five!

James D. - Martha makes me happy because of her Christmas CD mixes.

James A. - My Dad - I believe he is an excellent role model.

Lily - My friend, Ellie, whose birthday was on Thanksgiving this year.  She just turned 14. She is friendly to everyone.

Daisy - My Dad, who is willing to talk and help me feel better.

Lou - My Dad, who is a good provider.

Erica - Martin Short - He makes me laugh.  His book is: I must say - My Life as a Humble Comedy Legend.


At the Thanksgiving craft table


Clara - My Mom - She helps me out.

Noah - Amy Poehler - she brightens my life in Parks and Recreation.

Rae - I am thankful for my parents because they're supportive and make me laugh!

Lucy - My Dad - He's always willing to hang out with me and do things with me.

Golden - I am thankful for my parents who provide food and roof over my head!

Julia - still thinking, I hope.  I can't seem to get through on her phone.

Jane - I m thankful for Joseph Smith because of his great courage amidst all of the opposition he faced. He was a great man who was so near to God, and so familiar with His mysteries. He is a great example to me of humility, righteousness, and optimism. Because of the sacrifices he made, we have the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine & Covenants, the priesthood, temples, and so many other blessings! I'm also grateful for my parents and their example to me, and the sacrifices they've made for me. And for my whole family! It's full of amazing people.

Bright - From her letters, Bright is thankful to be in Louisiana and and enjoying the people she has met.  Here's her email.  julia.ostergar@myldsmail.net

All/most food at the Falck's was in vintage pyrex dishes delicious!


BTW - Joseph Smith's birthday is December 5th.  My great uncle, Simeon Oquist, painted a portrait of Joseph Smith.  He painted it so that his son Selfrid (who still lives in St. George) could sell it and help with his tuition at BYU.  One man didn't like it because he painted Joseph with white pants. What do you think?  I believe he used the death mask as a starting place.  The picture was lost for a while and rediscovered recently in the home of a family in Springville.  The portraits of my grandparents in the dining room were also painted by Simeon as my grandparents wedding gift.  He painted the King of Sweden at least twice.  https://www.facebook.com/Cluboquist/?fref=ts

Joseph, the Prophet


No comments:

Post a Comment